Tuesday, May 24, 2011

love quotes









Love quotes I got from everywhere... from where my heart stays and from where my heart goes..
It is painful to know that as right as you two are for each other… It doesn’t mean you are right for each other now





I can feel very well, but you must be really far away… Living will make you lost track of time, but after I met you, my heart began to tell time… When I’m beside you time passes really quickly, and without you… time goes away… It feels like my heart counts time all on its own, when I’m with you… and dies pain…



“My mistake was letting you go. It was believing I needed something more than what I already had. I was trying to find a love that in my mind seemed perfect and real… a love that was unconditional… a love that my memory won’t let go of… My mistake was thinking something went wrong, when really it didn’t… Life …changed but my heart never did.”

I didn’t ask you to love me so don’t make me feel that I need to love you back.


”You should be loved, and often, and by someone who knows how.”



Boundaries don’t keep other people out; they fence you in. Life is messy, that’s how we’re made. So you can waste your life drawing lines or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines that are way too dangerous to cross. Here’s what I know, If you’re willing to take a chance, the view from the other side is spectacular.

Intimacy is a four syllable word for “Here is my heart and soul, please grind them into hamburger, and enjoy.” It’s both desired, and feared. Difficult to live with, and impossible to live without. Intimacy also comes attached to the three R’s… relatives, romance, and roommates. There are some things you can’t escape. And other things you just don’t want to know.

I’m just gonna keep my eyes closed. Because this is like that moment in the morning when you first wake up and your still half asleep and everything seems.. things are possible dreams feel true and for that one moment between waking and dreaming anything can be real and then you open your eyes and the sun hits you and then you realize – I’m just gonna keep my eyes closed.

We enter the world alone and we leave it alone. And everything that happens in between, we owe it to our self to find a little company. We need help. We need support. Otherwise we’re in it by our self. Strangers, cut off from each other and we forget just how connect we all are. So instead we choose love. We choose life and for a moment we feel just a little bit less alone.

I’ll be ready. For anything. For everything. To take on life. To take on love. To take on the possibility and responsibility. Today, our life begins. And I for one, can’t wait.

I’m a big girl. I can handle my share of trauma. And I get to decide when I’ve had enough. It’s going to take a lot more than a bad dream to scare me off.
According to Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, when we’re dying or have suffered a catastrophic loss, we all move through five distinct stages of grief. We go into denial because the loss is so unthinkable we can’t imagine it’s true. We become angry with everyone, angry with survivors, angry with ourselves. Then we bargain. We beg. We plead. We offer everything we have, we offer our souls in exchange for just one more day. When the bargaining has failed and the anger is too hard to maintain, we fall into depression, despair, until finally we have to accept that we’ve done everything we can. We let go. We let go and move into acceptance.

Everyday we get to give the gift of life, it can be painful, it can be terrifying, but in the end it’s worth it. Every time. We all have the opportunity to give. Maybe the gifts are not as dramatic as what happens in the operating room, maybe the gift is to try and make a simple apology, maybe it’s to understand another person’s point of view, maybe it’s to hold a secret for a friend. The joy supposedly is in the giving, so when the joy is gone, when the giving starts to feel more like a burden, that’s when you stop. But if you’re like most people I know, you give till it hurts, and then you give some more.

Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we’re wired that way. Because without it, I don’t know, maybe we just wouldn’t feel real. What’s that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.

You know when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales? That fantasy of what your life would be – white dress, prince charming who’d carry you away to a castle on a hill. You’d lie in your bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, prince charming –they were so close you could taste them. But eventually you grow up and one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is, it’s hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope and faith that one day they would open their eyes and it would all come true.

At the end of the day, faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don’t really expect it. Its like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And its not so important, happy ever after, just that its happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you, and once in a while people may even take your breath away.

If there’s an upside to free-falling, it’s the chance you give your friends to catch you.


Pain, you just have to ride it out, hope it goes away on its own, hope the wound that caused it heals. There are no solutions, no easy answers. You just breathe deep and wait for it to subside. Most of the time pain can be managed, but sometimes the pain gets you when you least expect it, hits way below the belt and doesn’t let up. Pain, you just have to fight through, because the truth is you can’t outrun it, and life always makes more.

For a kiss to be really good, you want it to mean something. You want it to be with someone you can’t get out of your head, so that when your lips finally touch, you feel it everywhere. A kiss so hot and so deep, you never want to come up for air. You can’t cheat your first kiss. Trust me you don’t want to, ’cause when you find that right person, the first kiss…it’s everything.

Maybe Romeo and Juliet were fated to be together, but just for a while, and then their time passed. Even now, I believe that for the most part, love is about choices. It’s about putting down the poison and the dagger and making your own happy ending…most of the time. And that sometimes, despite all your best choices and all your best intentions… fate wins anyway.

If there’s an upside to free-falling, it’s the chance you give your friends to catch you.

She’s a human traffic accident, and everybody’s slowing down to look at the wreckage. She’s doing the best she can with what she has left, and I know you can’t see this ’cause you’re in it, but YOU CAN’T HELP HER NOW! You’ll only make it worse. Walk away. Leave her to mend.

I’m not saying this to hurt you or because I want to leave you, because I don’t. He wasn’t a fling. He wasn’t revenge. I fell in love with him. That doesn’t go away because I decided to stay with you.

I am a good and kind person. I am a person that cleans up behind myself. I am a person who has an unwavering faith in what I believe in. And you, you are the most competitive, most guarded, most stubborn, most challenging person I have ever met. And I love you. What the hell is the matter with you that you won’t just let me?

At the end of the day, when it comes down to it, all we really want is to be close to somebody. So this thing where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other, it’s usually a load of bull. So we pick and choose who we want to remain close to, and once we’ve chosen those people, we tend to stick close by. No matter how much we hurt them. The people that are still with you at the end of the day, those are the ones worth keeping. And sure, sometimes close can be too close. But sometimes, that invasion of personal space, it can be exactly what you need.

The truth is painful. Deep down nobody wants to hear it, especially when it hits close to home. Sometimes we tell the truth because the truth is all we have to give. Sometimes we tell the truth because we need to say it out loud to hear it for ourselves. And sometimes we tell the truth because we just can’t help ourselves. Sometimes, we tell them, because we owe them at least that much.
I’m in love with you. I’ve been in love you with you forever. I’m a little late- I know I’m a little late in telling you that. I just, I just want you take your time. Take all the time you need because you have a choice to make. And when I had a choice to make…I chose wrong.

I’ve heard that it’s possible to grow up, I’ve just never met anyone who’s actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don’t go our way. We whisper secrets with our best friend, in the dark. We look for comfort where we can find it. And we hope against all logic, against all experience, like children, we never give up hope.

You don’t get to call me your girl. When I met you, I thought I had found the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I was done. So all the boys and all the bars and all the obvious daddy issues, who cared, because I was done. You left me. You chose Addison. I’m all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke. You don’t get to call me your girl.

I could promise to hold you, and to cherish you. I could promise to be there in sickness and in health. I could say ’til death do us part, but I won’t. Those vows are for optimistic couples, the ones full of hope. And I do not stand here on my wedding day optimistic or full of hope. I am not optimistic, I am not. I am sure. I am steady. And I know I am a heart man, take them apart, put them back together. I hold them in my hands. I am a heart man. So this, I am sure. You are my partner, my lover, my very best friend. My heart, my heart, beats for you. And on this day, the day of our wedding, I promise you this. I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands. I promise you, me.

He was up there waiting for her to come to him, and he knew she didn’t want to come. He knew she didn’t want to come but that she’ll come anyway because she loves him. And if he loved her – if he loved her, not the woman that he’s trying to make her be, not the woman that he’s hoping he’ll become – but her. If he did, he wouldn’t be up there waiting for her. He’d be letting her go.

Don’t love me and wish that I can be the woman that you’re trying to make me be, nor the woman that you’re hoping I can become. I’m bored, I’m tired, I’m all glued up now. Don’t wait for me, just let me go…



The first guy I ever loved was a total nothing, the second was worse… so my friends start calling me a bum magnet… If there’s a bum within a 50-mile radius, I’ll be completely attracted to him… So baby, if you’re gonna treat me nice… You’ll never ever gonna want to let me go…


I already forgot how I used to feel about you…









I’m not gonna do it, because it’ll hurt… Sometime or other there’ll be, you know… “It’s not working.” or “I need my space.” or whatever it is and it will end… and it will hurt… so I’m not gonna do it…



It’s hard to be comfortable being someone’s everything…



I could have stayed outside your heart, but in I came, and here I’ll stay until it’s time for me to go… Don’t ask why… don’t ask how… Don’t ask forever… Love me now…

We may not be the best care takers of love, but we should at least hold on to it, and help it survives against all odds… that way we can say that we tried, and tried even harder to save it, that love won’t have a chance to blame us….

You may not control all the events that happened to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them…

I have loved you long enough, and I don’t know if there will be any other feelings that will be more than that.

People change so that you can learn to let go… Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right… You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself… and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Have enough courage to trust love one more time… and always one more time.

Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst, and unsurprised by anything in between.

‎”I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I don’t have to be one.”

You saying you are there is closed-captioning my pain.
Love is letting go… and realizing that you can’t sink any deeper… because you have never come out of it at all…

I don’t believe that somewhere out there, someone holds the key to my heart… because my friends… they are my soulmates, and they dont need keys to touch my heart..

Wondring how on earth i was infected, my firewall is always on, is love now airborne?

What defines a relationship is another relationship.





Relationships… There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back.

Some love stories are not epic novels, some are short stories, but that doesnt make them any less filled with love.

You never leave someone behind… you take a part of them with you.. and leave a part of yourself behind…

Our lives are defined by opportunities.. even the ones we missed…

Do not expect things that you cannot give…

What has been felt will always be more honest than what was chosen..

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Sometimes.. someone comes along and makes you doubt your love to someone.. They are not “better”.. They are just “different”

Sorry” is never synonymous to “i wont do it again”

Being happy doesn’t mean the pain is gone… you just bury it deeper.

For once try not to be boring.. be a TEASE.. be a sweet realization of something that someone can’t have..





Sure I loved him – too much. And he loved me, only not enough. I just want someone who thinks I’m number one in his life. I’m not willing to accept emotional scraps anymore.

From what I have observed, when the anesthesia of love wears off, there is always the pain of consequences. You don’t have to be stupid to be with the wrong person.
I hid my deepest feelings so well I forgot where I placed them.

If she doesn’t speak, she is making a choice. If she doesn’t try, she can lose her chance forever.

Why do you think you are missing something you never had?

I think now that fate is half shaped by expectation, half by inattention. But somehow, when you lose something you love, faith takes over. You have to pay attention to what you lost. You have to undo the expectation.

That is the saddest part when you lose someone you love – that person keeps changing. And later you wonder, Is this the same person I lost? Maybe you lost more maybe less, then thousand different things that come from your memory or imagination – and you do not know which is which, which was true, which is false.

And now I have to stop. Because every time I remember this, I have to cry a little by myself. I don’t know why something that made me so happy then feels so sad now. Maybe that is the way it is with the best memories.

I am coming to terms with the fact that loving someone requires a leap of faith, and that a soft landing is never guaranteed.

This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.

eventually, everything goes away…

Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.

In desperate love, we always invent the characters of our partners, demanding they be what we need of them, and then feeling devastated when they refuse to perform the role we created in the first place.

If I love you, I will carry for you all your pain, I will assume for you all your debts (in every definition of the word), I will protect you from your own insecurity, I will protect upon you all sorts of good qualities that you have never actually cultivated in yourself and I will buy Christmas presents for your entire family. I will give you the sun and the rain, and if they are not available, I will give you a sun check and a rain check. I will give you all this and more, until I get so exhausted and depleted that the only way I can recover my energy is by becoming infatuated with someone else.

I was suffering the easily foreseeable consequences. Addiction is the hallmark of every infatuation-based love story. It all begins when the object of your adoration bestows upon you a heady, hallucinogenic dose of something you never dared to admit you wanted-an emotional speedball, perhaps, of thunderous love and roiling excitement. Soon you start craving that intense attention, with a hungry obsession of any junkie. When the drug is witheld, you promptly turn sick, crazy, and depleted (not to mention resentful of the dealer who encouraged this addiction in the first place but now refuses to pony up the good stuff anymore– despite the fact that you know he has it hidden somewhere, goddamn it, because he used to give it to you for free). Next stage finds you skinny and shaking in a corner, certain only that you would sell your soul or rob your neighbors just to have ‘that thing’ even one more time. Meanwhile, the object of your adoration has now become repulsed by you. He looks at you like you’re someone he’s never met before, much less someone he once loved with high passion. The irony is,you can hardly blame him. I mean, check yourself out. You’re a pathetic mess,unrecognizable even to your own eyes. So that’s it. You have now reached infatuation’s final destination– the complete and merciless devaluation of self.
People tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will descend like fine weather if you’re fortunate. But happiness is the result of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly.

They flank me-Depression on my left, loneliness on my right. They dont need to show their badges. I know these guys very well.

In desperate love, we always invent the characters of our partners, demanding they be what we need of them, and then feeling devastated when they refuse to perform the role we created in the first place.

He was still my romantic hero and I was still his living dream.





I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.”

You should never give yourself a chance to fall apart because, when you do, it becomes a tendency and it happens over and over again. You must practice staying strong, instead.

But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilling yearnings.

“You don’t need water to feel like you’re drowning, do you?

I wondered what happened when you offered yourself to someone, and they opened you, only to discover you were not the gift they expected and they had to smile and nod and say thank you all the same.

Love is not an equation, it is not a contract, and it is not a happy ending. Love is the slate under the chalk, the ground that buildings rise, and the oxygen in the air. It is the place you come back to, no matter where your headed”

I learned that you don’t have to be awake to cry.

All I’ve ever wanted was to be near you.

If you cannot love the pain, you can at least love the lessons it teaches.

A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.
For you, a thousand times over.

Love lost is still love. It takes a different form, that’s all. You can’t see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken, another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it. Life has to end. Love doesn’t.

If pain must come, may it come quickly. because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best possible. If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him or forget him. Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering.

Don’t let go too soon, but don’t hold on too long.

It takes half the total time you went out with someone to get over them.

You do this everytime! everytime! What do you have, some kind of radar? I don’t need your rescuing!

You can have the guts and the courtesy to tell a woman, to her face, that you no longer want to see her. Call me crazy but, I think that, you can make a point of ending your relationship in a manner that does not include an e-mail, a doorman, or a missing persons report. I think you could all get over your fear of looking like the bad guy and actually have the uncomfortable break-up conversation Because, here’s what; Avoiding that is what makes you the bad guy. Most women aren’t angry, irrational psychos. We just want an ending to a relationship that… That is thoughtful and decent and honors what we had together. So my point is, there is a good way to break-up with someone, And it doesn’t include a phone call or a text message.

There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.

“Men have forgotten this truth,” said the fox. “But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

The trouble with giving yourself a pep talk is, that deep down you know you won’t listen to it.

“That’s the trouble with having the whole world love you. One day, you wake up and it’s flirting with your best friend instead. And you don’t know what to do. You’re thrown.”

The truth is, some relationships are supposed to last forever, and some are only supposed to last a few days.
I don’t love you anymore”, she whispered. “I don’t love you at all.” His throat closed. “It’s all right, sweetheart. I love you enough for both of us.

I’ve learned a lot this year.. I learned that things don’t always turn our the way you planned, or the way you think they should. And I’ve learned that there are things that go wrong that don’t always get fixed or get put back together the way they were before. I’ve learned that some broken things stay broken, and I’ve learned that you can get through bad times and keep looking for better ones, as long as you have people who love you.

We all get lost once in a while, sometimes by choice, sometimes due to forces beyond our control. When we learn what it is our soul needs to learn, the path presents itself. Sometimes we see the way out but wander further and deeper despite ourselves; the fear, the anger or the sadness preventing us returning. Sometimes we prefer to be lost and wandering, sometimes it’s easier. Sometimes we find our own way out. But regardless, always, we are found.

Sometimes we need all the glue we can get, just to hold ourselves together.

When you’re on your own, you look for signs. Sometimes you make them up, sometimes they’re actually there, but most of the time you can’t tell the difference from the two.

I think i wished for you all of my life.

It’s not where I live happily ever after, or who with. It’s the fact that I live happily ever after.

She said, ‘I’m so afraid.’ And I said, ‘why?,’ and she said, ‘Because I’m so profoundly happy. Happiness like this is frightening.’ I asked her why and she said, ‘They only let you be this happy if they’re preparing to take something from you.” 

Men are easy,’ he said, fingers tapping on his mahogany desk. ‘A man’s plumbing is like his mind: simple, very few surprises. You ladies, on the other hand…well, God put a lot of thought into making you.

“Not a word passes between us, not because we have nothing to say, but because we don’t have to say anything.

You can’t quantify love, and if you try, you can end up focusing on misleading factors. Stuff that really has more to do with personality-the fact that some people are simply more expressive or emotional or needy in a relationship. But beyond such smokescreens, the answer is there. Love is seldom-almost never-an even proposition.”

Love, not as a surge of passion, but as a choice to commit to someone… no matter what obstacles or temptations stand in the way. And maybe making that choice again and again, day in and day out, year after year… says more about love… than never having a choice to make at all…

Can you hate someone for what they have done, but still love them for whom they had been?

You can never go from going out to being friends, just like that. It’s a lie. It’s just something that people say they’ll do to take the permanence out of a breakup. And someone always takes it to mean more than it does… but it hurts even more. “friendly” relationship that is a step down from a previous relationship, is like breaking up all over again… but messier…

There are two ways to be happy: improve your reality, or lower your expectations.

Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.

You know it’s never fifty-fifty in a relationship. It’s always seventy-thirty, or sixty-forty. Someone falls in love first. Someone puts someone else up on a pedestal. Someone works very hard to keep things rolling smoothly; someone else sails along for the ride.
He was all the things I wasn’t. And I was all the things he wasn’t. I could paint circles around anyone; He couldn’t even draw a straight line. But his hand, it fit mine.






Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you’d been before the fall.

Love is not a because, it’s a no matter what.

That’s what happens to dreams, life gets in the way.

I always hated when my scars started to fade, because as long as I could still see them, I knew why I was hurting.

Sometimes love is fleeting. But that makes it no less important. 

The fate of your heart is your choice and no one else gets a vote.

He always did the leaving. But not this time. She kept walking, and did not look back.

She fell, she hurt, she felt. She lived. And for all the tumble of her experiences, she still had hope. Maybe this next time would do the trick. Or maybe not. But unless you stepped into the game, you would never know.

And for one second, it was like I could feel the timing clicking together, finally pieces falling into place.

Are those the only options? Nothing or forever?

And no relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater.

You can’t just turn your heart off like a faucet; you have to go to the source and dry it out, drop by drop.

You can’t just plan a moment when things get back on track, just as you can’t plan the moment you lose your way in the first place.

I’ve given lots of people chances, but there’s only so much faith you can have in people.

There are some things in this world you rely on, like a sure bet. And when they let you down, shifting from where you’ve carefully placed them, it shakes your faith, right were you stand.

As far as I was concerned, we’d come to a draw: I hadn’t wanted to come, and he didn’t want me to leave. We were even. But I knew he wouldn’t see it that way. Lately, we didn’t seem to see anything the same.

Because the truth sometimes hurts, so do lies, though.

Harder to get in than out, like so little else.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. It’s so easy in the past tense.

What you need, what you deserve, is a guy who adores you for what you are. Who doesn’t see you as a project, but a prize.
But I’d long ago learned not to be picky in farewells. They weren’t guaranteed or promised. You were lucky, more than blessed, if you got a good-bye at all.

But that was the problem with having the answers. It was only after you gave them that you realized they sometimes weren’t what people wanted to hear.

Total commitment,” I said. “You know, the idea of discovering something that, for all intents and purposes, goes against your abilities, and yet still deciding to do it anyway. That takes guts, you know?

Leaving was easy. It was everything else that was so damned hard.

The only trick was never giving more that you were willing to lose.

But now, I was beginning to wonder if you didn’t always have to choose between turning away for good or rushing in deeper. In the moments that it really counts, maybe it’s enough- more than enough, even- just to be there.

Don’t lead someone to the point where he could hurt you most, because he can easily find his way back to it.

You’re nothing short of my everything…






No comments:

Post a Comment