Tuesday, May 24, 2011

best taiwan dramas




Here are my personal Taiwan drama picks... Still have a bundle to watch so I'll just update it every now and then...



♥ Meteor Garden - I gave credit to this drama, because this what made my Asian drama addiction possible. This is my "first" Asian drama, and because it's the first, it will always be special. At that time it was aired, it was a novelty... vibrant and undeniably addictive. With cute guys you can't help but fall in love... interesting development of the love story... and romantic elements well injected to stimulate the audience' romantic veins. These are reasons why you should watch it. Phenomenal, unsurpassed and spellbinding.


♥ It Started with a Kiss 1 & 2 - it's the drama that I watch when I'm sad so I can feel better. Breezy, flowing, never a dull moment and endearing chemistry by the lead couple.



♥ Autumn's Concerto - what's strange about this drama is that the premise is typical, but superb directing and acting I guess made me glued and love this drama so much. The pacing will make you crave for more, the twist is simple, yet done exceptionally. This is my must see Taiwan drama of 09.







♥Sunny Happiness - beckoning, entrancing and habit-forming. Mike He at his usual devilish charm and Janine Chang at a very refreshing performance. It will be on my Top 3 taiwan drama this year. ^_^



♥ Starlit - A different kind of Jerry Yan here. Stirring, nothing fancy, and will make you cry.



♥ The Hospital - Superior directing and scriptwriting.



♥ My Lucky Star - Groovy, high spirited and lingering... Took a few episodes for me to get hooked, but girl I did...



♥ Smiling Pasta - Perky, fun and tantalizing... The vibe is similar to Korea's Full House.



♥ Romantic Princess - Nothing spectacular, light and quite engrossing...



♥ Hana Kimi - Fast paced, energetic and cute cast. I still prefer the Japanese version though.



♥ Mars - Sentimental, amorous and absorbing... Terrific directing and decent storyline.



♥ Corner with Love - Average, sunny and endearing...



♥ Miss No Good - Cheerful, sparky and fascinating...



♥ Why Why Love - the onset was fun, the twist is cool, but the ending is disheartening.



♥ Le Robe De Marriage - adorable, sometimes dull, but worth watching...



♥ Devil Beside You - pardon me if I didn't enjoy it... It's just so typical, nothing extraordinary for a love story... Didn't like Rainie Yang's acting here. Nevertheless, it's buoyant, fervent and warm.



♥ Love Contract - Moody, spry, but will eventually keep you uninvolved...




♥ The Prince Who Turns into a Frog - satisfactory, sometimes dragging, i don't know why it got pretty decent ratings.



♥ Summer X Summer - Two Words... Skip it... The only good thing going on here is Joe Cheng.








♥ Love storm - chipper, lively and amusing...



♥ Tokyo Juliet - interesting chemistry of the lead couple... I may be weird but I enjoyed it, I manage to finish it in one sitting. You'll slowly get attached to it. Decent and satisfying...



♥ The Rose - You might not really enjoy it. Drama is all over the place, weird development of romance. But once you watch it, you can't help but finish it.



♥ Magic Ring - High Grade storyline layering, twist executed fairly... Enjoyable and Attractive...




♥ Fated To Love You - classic, amazing and fascinating...




♥ Love or Bread - Don't watch it after watching ISWAK. You'll get disappointed.



♥ Silence - The story is compelling, but I don't know, I feel like it's missing something. Or I'm just used to the lead couples really talking to each other and not just mutual understanding.



♥ Wish to see you again - sometimes captivating, most of the time though I dozed off...




♥ Hot Shot - Electrifying, fancy editing... skittish and exuberant...





♥ Down With Love - I'm forever in love with Jerry Yan, so I watch all his dramas. This could be dragging but you still will drool over him. It will give you mix emotions and a kind of love-you-hate-you drama feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment