Tuesday, May 24, 2011

best korean romance dramas





Might as well blog these K-Dramas who stayed with me when I'm sad, flirty, happy and in love... Here's a taste of feel-good Korean Romantic dramas, you might want to watch with your friends, partners, and soon to be "future" person... ^_^ = my personal favorite






♥49 Days - I found the premise intriguing as it involves fantasy intervention… it slowly picked up in my system but having a soft spot for I’m-here-for-you-all-along-why-can’t-you-notice-me kind of love, it won me over. Neat and prettily written story with twists and gasps, and will be on my top 3 dramas for 2011.



♥Dream High - breezy, glee-like-maybe-even-better, and lead actors that will put you most of the time in the land of "i want to be with you"... I say this is a dark horse this year and the musical bearing sets it apart from the rest of the dramas this season.

♥My Princess - one of my favorite behind-bickering-they-love-each-other couple. The only Song Seong Heon drama that I like. Very appealing and enticing. Kim Tae Hee proved she can do the light and classy... a must watch, eye-candy and worth recommending. ^_^






♥ Secret Garden - Hyun Bin + Ha Ji Won = I'm a happy camper? The drama woke up my inability of falling in love again with a fictional character Kim Joo Won. Engaging and strong performance by the characters, amusing screenplay and a story that will linger and can work as a coping pill to boredom or heartbreak. I had high expectations about this team up, and they did not fail me. Sunny characters, a twist worth of de Maupassant, and an endearing-classic-my-mom-doesn't-like-you-but-i-love-you love story. Fresh and scintillating... worthy of being absent for a day... My top pick for 2010. ^_^



♥ You're Beautiful - Jang Geun Seok still lingers in my dreams bcoz of this drama. Hong sisters have done a superb job crafting this drama. It's on my top Asian drama for 09. Fast paced, beautifully crafted, sweet moments at it's best. ^_^

♥ My GF is a Gumiho (2010) - If it's Hong sisters, it must be good. Incorporating folklore and romance on its best... nicely done, great acting, witty screen play, and definitely on my top 3 K-Drama of 2010. ^_^


♥Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010) - bromance incorporating history made the series riveting... such charming characters and will leave butterflies in your tummy. The mixture of history and blooming love set my heart fluttering the whole duration of series, and it was a lot of something because I did enjoy coffee prince and hana kimi.


♥ Personal Preference (2010) - a good follow up of Lee Min Ho plus a team up with my favorite Korean actress. what else could I ask for? your typical I'm-here-to-protect-you-love-story but with a twist. ^_^

♥ Prosecutor Princess (2010) – surprisingly sweet, comforting and a lead actor to drool and you can use as a calming pill. More than safe storyline and will get you hooked when you least expected it.



♥ Mischievous/Playful Kiss - I've seen how Japan and Taiwanese' live adaptation so there's always the comparison, I still prefer Taiwan's version though, but this is quirky, lovely and you'll have so many ways to love it.
♥ Iris - since it was big budgeted and composed of top stars in Korea, it should definitely be worth watching... riveting, fast paced and top notch... But I've watched lots of spy dramas so it didn't at all affect me.
♥ Boys Before Flowers - When it was aired in Korea, it was like the anticipation of Harry Potter book 7 for me, I'm so excited of Wednesdays because I get to watch it. Teen romance bliss at it's best. ^_^
♥ Beethoven Virus - great acting, scriptwriting and directing... It will slowly creep its way to you, and without you realizing it you are deeply immersed in each character's life.




♥Coffee Prince - addictive, moving, will make you believe in love if you are unable to do so... ^_^


♥ Shining Inheritance - it took a while for me to fall in love, but I did eventually. The villain is really annoying here but very effective. A love story that builds up nicely.


♥ Love story in Harvard - love story in a school setting at it's best... Kim Rae Won will make you fall for him, and don't tell me I didn't warn you with it.


♥ Goong (Princess Hours) - Growing love was really sweet in this drama and would make you remember your first love. Great Music, great lines. The build up of love is heart felt and lingering. ^_^


♥ A Love To Kill - classic directing and editing, decent conflict didn't make the drama so dragging. Rain at his best. ^_^


♥ Full House - Light and carefree. Cute couple fights and the famous 3 bear song made me smile a lot while watching it. The sweet and simple storyline made tit a runaway hit. ^_^


♥ Autumn Tale - A lot of people cried over this KDrama. The twist and simplicity of the story was very heartwarming. Heart-tugging storyline and will definitely linger in your heart.


♥ What happened in Bali - stirring and stimulating. Not a happily ever after drama, but definitely a high grade scriptwriting and directing. Realistic and sensational. ^_^


♥ Love Marriage - snappy scriptwriting, spirited lead actors and adorable love story.


♥ 1% of anything - a lovestory between a sweet middle school teacher and a hot tempered rich man. Fun, refreshing and one of the reason why Kang Dong Won is in my Korean Prince list. ^_^


♥ Which Star did you come from - poignant twist in the story can go either way. Neat storyline, but sometimes slow moving.


♥ Delightful Girl Chun Hyang - perky and bubbly... with lots of zest and romance...


♥ Hanoi Bride - Lee Dong Wook is my favorite actor that's why I watched it... quick, typical love story, somewhat great acting....


♥ Hello Miss - slow, sometimes entertaining, the only good thing here is Lee Dae Hee.





♥ La Dolce Vita - mature, splendid and realistic... marvelous acting and storyline...


♥ My Lovely Samsoon - upbeat, mesmerizing, engaging and one of my favorites. ^_^

♥ Fireworks - dreary storyline elevation... the only good thing to watch is the lead actor... tolerable and forgettable...


♥ Witch Yoo Hee - scattered, sometimes amusing, but most of the time tiresome...


♥ Stained Glass - typical, can be stirring at some point... sometimes spiritless...


♥ Last Scandal - nice storyline, superb acting and chemistry between the lead actors, edifying and passionate.


♥ Save the Last Dance For Me - deeply moving... fascinating characters... spell binding story...





No comments:

Post a Comment